Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Top Ten Favorite FireFox Extensions

I've got to say, I love FireFox. It continues to be the best browser out there for my uses. So in a continuation of the theme from my Thunderbird extension entry here are my favorite FireFox entries.

Most Useful
  • Adblock - Block even more popups with this
  • Adblock Filterset.G Updater - The best filterset to use with Adblock
  • Easylist (USA) - I now use this Adblock list
  • CustomizeGoogle - Allows you to set an enormous number of preferences for use with several of Googles products
  • DownThemAll - Ever need to grab all of the archive files from a mailing list, or a group of PDF's from a free ebook site. Well this is the tool for you!
  • FireFtp - FTP client built in a FireFox tab, I have been using this for a month or so and I love it
  • Greasemonkey - Client side javascript, this allows you to change how pages are presented to you. For example I wrote a script to stop those little annoying in text popups.
  • PDF Download - This keeps you from automaticly opening up a pdf in a tab, instead you are given several options. I hate viewing PDF's in a browser so this is a real destresser for me.
  • Tab Mix Plus - More and more of this extension seems to be making it's way into the main app but it still has several useful tab manipulation options that warrant it's use.

Good to have


Developer tools I like

Well, that's all the time we have today kids, but tune in tomorrow for another exciting episode of "Flush that Onion". Until then, keep a flushing!

No comments: