Thursday, June 12, 2008

Firefox

Firefox 3 is set to be released on June 17, 2008. I am pretty excited, I have been using Firefox, and Mozilla before it, for I guess 5 years now and I love it. So I decided to check out one of the Release Candidates for version 3. I went to PortableApps.com and grabbed the RC2 installer that they had and dove right in.

Here are some "Things I Have Noticed":
  • It's faster, it launched faster, it loaded pages faster and it ran faster even with many tabs open.
  • The addon manager will list recommended addons and will allow you to search for addons from the manager interface!
  • A little star icon has been added at the end of the address field. When you click the star, the page you are on is bookmarked, if you click it again you get the dialog to name, organize and tag the bookmark.
  • Bookmark Tagging. I love this, you can add your own tags to the bookmarks that you save allowing another dimension for organizing and searching.
According the the release notes there are a lot more features than what I have listed here, so check it out!

Keep in mind that some of your addons may not work with the new version.

Oh and try to download it on the 17th if you can. They are trying for a world record for most downloads in one day.

No comments: