- MSI 4.5 SDK -This is primarily useful for packagers because it contains the newest version of Orca (see next entry). But it also contains Msival2, and several other useful tools for packaging.
- Orca - Allows direct editing of the MSI tables.
- SuperOrca - This is an Orca like tool for editing MSI's
- .MSI Diff - Compare two .MSI files and view a report of their differences.
- MSIX - Extracts transforms and binary streams from Windows Installer files (msp, mst, msi)
- WiX - Windows Installer XML, the first Microsoft Open Source project. WiX allows you to create your Installer via an XML dialect. There are several useful tools included in this toolset.
- CabSDK - Can be used to create cab files.
- Windows Installer Command Line Builder - Allows you to build command line parameters for Windows Installer.
- Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 SP1 - Allows you to create separate virtual machines on your Windows desktop
I will continue add to this entry as I have time.
Note: this post was edited and updated on 11/05/08
Note: this post was edited and updated on 02/04/09